WELCOME TO THE GREEN SPORTS ACADEMY
Click here to apply to join the academy and your application will be reviewed;
The Green Sports Academy is a specialized intensive football program designed to professionally develop elite players and give them access to various opportunities in the Green Sports Network. Read about our success stories below.
OUR SUCCESS STORIES (Players who MADE IT)
1. Eric Mulu was a standout performer at the 2018 GS December Trials, he has since attained a scholarship to play at the FC Malaga City Academy in Spain.
2. Kevin Ndeti is a signing of Sports Recruiting USA, read about SRUSA Below
3. Andrew Numeru, a former student at Braeside International School, attained a scholarship to attend William Carey University, currently the best NAIA men’s Soccer Program in the US. Andrew also plays for the Malawi U20 National team.
4. Karl Gatiramu is now in North Dakota, USA on a scholarship to play and study. He is a Green Sports African Warriors Alumni.
5. Louis Kiarie is now a Regional Champion with Illinois Central College where he studies and plays on scholarship as well. (He is a Green Sports African Warriors Alumni as well)
Sports Recruiting USA
Sports Recruiting USA is an agency that has helped the likes of Karl Gatiramu, Andrew Numeru and Louis Kiarie (players who participated in Green Sports trials) attain scholarships to play and study in the United States college soccer system. (You can learn more about the Green Sports and SRUSA partnership here).
FA Euro is an academy based in Florida USA with a residential program geared towards developing elite level athletes whilst they pursue their education simultaneously. (READ MORE)
FC Malaga City
FC Malaga City is a full-time Spanish football academy for elite 16-20 year-olds from across the globe. The Academy has sent over 30 players onto professional teams and plays in matches against the likes of Athletico Madrid, Real Madrid, and Barcelona.
What Makes the GS Academy Different?
Green Sports’ goal is to give players the necessary education on what it takes to become a professional athlete whilst granting them the opportunities to pursue their dreams.
Many players in the Green Sports network (as you’ve seen above) have gone on to play internationally. Our goal is to develop, prepare and grant our players the opportunities they need to play at the highest level they can.
The Green Sports Academy uses a special device called PlayerTek; A player tracking and GPS system. Essentially, coaches and players at the academy will be able to measure their metrics such as speed, impact, power, fitness, endurance as well as track players’ performances during games. This allows for an extremely high level of accuracy when setting personal benchmarks and performance goals.
With the inclusion of classroom and lecture sessions, the Green Sports academy looks at the holistic development of athletes. The program incorporates classroom sessions where players are educated on things like sports nutrition, sports psychology, and preparation.
Our goal is to build upstanding Men and women which goes above and beyond simply nurturing talented athletes.
Our Approach to development
The GS Academy club program has been designed to maximize player and character development in athletes. The program has 4 corners of development with the focus on nurturing talent and ‘Student-Athletes’;
- Technical – focused on the player’s football development.
- Mental – focused on the psychological aspects of the game including communication, creativity, leadership…
- Social – Focused on the players’ environment and their interaction with it, i.e. teamwork, self-esteem, mentorship.
- Physical – focused on the players’ physical development and sports specific movement. Enhancing attributes like coordination, speed, and agility.
FOOTBALL AND PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
We focus on developing students into elite athletes and football players. With access to some of the best coaches and former players in the country, our goal is to coach players at the elite level with emphasis on the four corners of student athlete development (Technical, Mental, Physical and Social).
EDUCATION AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
The GS club not only intends to develop football players but also persons of good standing and positive habits. There are many kids who aspire to make a career from football but lack the necessary education and understanding of what it takes to become a professional athlete. The second ‘core’ of the GS Academy program focuses on this underestimated side of the game.
Our players have sessions on subjects like nutrition and diet, mental conditioning, and sports psychology. Guest speakers will also be invited to talk to the players several times per term. In this way, players will develop into whole individuals fostering habits such as discipline, hard work, leadership, and determination.
Click here to apply to join the academy;